Friday 18 April 2008

It's only a crisis if I let it become one...

I weighed myself this morning. I still weigh myself every morning, but I'd got out of the habit of putting it onto this blog. I guess I forgot that it was about health as well as food, and stopped writing daily because I wasn't getting the Simons in. Well, now I'm back. And heavy. I stepped on the scales this morning and nearly jumped back off again in horror: 179kg! Back to the edges of unreasonable. Elephantine. Ugly-blobby. Too fat for hope. Well, no actually. I've put on too much weight again, the campaign to slim down and become sexy has faltered but I have a choice here. I can carry on sliding, comfort-eat my way out of my I'm-a-girl wardrobe and feel sorry for myself, or I can do something about it.

So here I am again. My new phrase when I think about food is "do you really need those calories". It's simple but remarkably effective. I've walked away from the snack machine, the fridge, a quick snack in the gym after training and the temptation to buy some good chocolate on the way home today. Oh, and I went to the gym today even though I didn't want to. And actually enjoyed it once I was there: another thing to reinforce, I think. So here I am thinking about some cheese for a light suppery snack. And I may just, but it will be a small piece of cheese not a block, and it comes after a day of carefully behaving myself. Onwards...

...Postscript: I didn't eat the cheese. I got to the fridge, said "do I really need these calories" and wandered off to bed instead. It works...

No comments: