Friday 25 July 2008

Don't Cough

Ouch. But in a good way. S and I tried out the vibrating plates machines (PowerPlates) at the gym two days ago (why does it always hurt 2 days later; why not on the day or 1 day later? Why always 2?). 15 minutes of fairly gentle exercise whilst whichever part was in contact with the plate vibrated at 30 or 35 hz (the 50hz setting is for massage not exercise. Which we didn't know on the day that we decided to play with the machines, set them to 50hz+high, lay on them then watched S - who is quite tiny - bouncing bodily up and down on the plate). The exercises didn't seem at all strenuous on the day. Apart from the press-ups, which I've always hated with a passion even when I could do them with one arm. And the sit-ups seemed particularly useless at the time. Then nothing. And nothing for a day again. But today - ouch. One cough, and I'm doubled up, muttering about the lower half of my 6-pack.

But no matter: if it's having an effect, then I'm going again. And again. Starting with today. Bzzzzzz.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PowerPlates look like serious fun ... they have them at the beauty salon round the corner from work and even a quick demo was enough to give me the giggles! Unfortunately they are located in a corridor amongst the doors for various treatment rooms and are overlooked by the nail bar. I don't really want to jiggle my bits that publically! That said I did have a go at "Hulagise" the other day and had so much fun I have bought my own sports/hula hoop. Hopefully the hip bruises will be gone by the time it gets delivered! LOL.