Wednesday 3 June 2009

Fat burn at last!

A small training note today, so I remember this. Another 3 mile run this morning. It's a boring run, but the roundabouts mean that I know the exact mileage when something significant happens. And this morning, the fat-burning started. I haven't felt the dip then rise of the switch from food-burn to fat-burn for -erm- possibly a year or two now (it usually happens dead on 2 miles at a 10-minute-mile pace), but this morning it happened. The first half mile was horrible: leaden, slow, headachy (beer and chinese last night - hangover guaranteed), the next couple okay, but then I slowed down at mile two. Leaden, heavy, difficult to push through until, at 2 and a quarter miles, I suddenly picked up and started running smoothly again. Which felt good - as though I was flowing across the pavement, rather than thudding my feet on the long grind across it. I even put in a small sprint finish, just to feel the joy of getting my limbs to move as fast as they could - which admittedly isn't terribly fast, but it's fast enough to feel good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wonder what port and goat's cheese will feel like then... ;-)