Sunday 10 February 2008

Not much food today

It's a little embarassing this, but I appear to have picked up a food bug. Not really ideal for someone trying to blog about food. Today's fare will be less ornate than usual: active yoghurt, water and plain rye bread. All day. Simply missing out coffee will be death itself, but it's better than spending any more days waking up unreasonably spaced out and hurting every time I go near sugar (the chocolate last night was a very very bad idea). Although the weight loss is good (169.8lbs yesterday; 166.4lbs today), it's probably very bad for me not to be absorbing any energy from my food.

Enough. This is a food blog, and I have at least one morsel for today. I've found my local Polish food shop (not that that's very difficult anymore); well, Polish-Tamil food shop, but at least now I have a good source of rye bread, pickled fish, hot sausages and unusual ketchups. And German yoghurt: not something I often feel the need for, but I now know where to find it.

Onwards... food purgatory awaits.

No comments: