Saturday 9 August 2008

Food

Today is a risotto day. A lovely 20 minutes of typing mixed with occasionally watering (well, beering to be exact) and stirring the rice. My food habits have changed since Malta, and this is one of the first things that I've cooked alone that hasn't consisted of fresh meat/fish plus some fresh veg. Still, I'm having the risotto with a bit of smoked haddock and green leaves, so it's not quite as unhealthy as it could be.

I've also cut my coffee consumption down to 1 or 2 in the morning only (since the one night on holiday where I had a coffee late was the only one where I had problems getting to sleep) .
And taken to only eating low-calorie snacks and fruit between meals. And not eating chocolate... I ought to be losing weight, I really should, but I'm not yet. Still, I've give it a couple of weeks and see if I stop building muscle mass and start losing fat at the gym instead. And the boot camp session on Thursday should help...

Oh, and Melliha has a restaurant serving absolutely stunning rabbit risotto: the old windmill at the top of town. Lovely place, great service, and good European food.

No comments: