Tuesday 7 July 2009

Acai

Okay, so like everyone else in the blogosphere, I seem to be plagued by adverts about how wonderful acai is for dieting. Which after a little light investigation reveals several companies running a terrible scam where £10 worth of tablets is somehow converted into hundreds of pounds being taken off the desperate and the desperately-poor, just because they didn't *very carefully* read all the small print. But I wondered if there was something in this acai thing, so I've been to Holland & Barrett and bought myself some acai, some aloe vera and some stuff made from seeds to see if it has any noticable effect. Nothing so far, unless you count ten minutes of wind.

As for dieting, I've found that the easiest way to lose weight is to listen to my partner. Much as it pains me to say it, Hwsgo is right - cutting out all sugar (the white stuff, and anything that includes "sugar" in its ingredients list) does seem to be having the desired effect, i.e. half a stone going south in little over a week so far (it won't last, hence the acai...). What is fascinating (to me at least) is just how many 'diet' foods have sugar in their ingredients. Talk about securing your market!

No comments: