Tuesday 8 January 2008

On inspecting the book

And so to the book, to read what I've just got myself into. Organised by food type; good, it has a chocolate section; not so good, it has a brains section too. Hwsgo has excused himself from eating anything involving offal, so there should be several midweek posts on delicacies such as Gratin of Brains with Sorrel. Luckily my father likes offal, so I might just excuse myself from some of the yukkier offerings (I said I'd cook all the recipes; I haven't mentioned anything about eating them. I will try though; even if I have to blindfold myself first). There's also good news on the game (lots of it) and killing-things front (although SH mentions how to kill and cook a crab, it isn't officially part of a recipe). Everything in the book looks yummy, easy to find ingredients for, and possible to cook.

No comments: