Tuesday 29 January 2008

Risotto today?

170.8lbs. A whole pound overnight, and just desserts for my cupboard-snorkling yesterday. So that's it: back to the routine, back to breakfast-small lunch-Simon dinner and a couple of low-calorie bars if I'm starving. I ran to the pub on the hill and back again this morning (25 minutes), and I think I know what's wrong with my exercise routine too. I've been expecting to do everything (fitness, fat, toning, strength, flexibility) every time, and although Bodypump is good like that, I can't always get to the class. Which I've been using as an excuse not to to do all the other things I should, like running for fitness/fat, weights for toning/strength and pilates for posture/flexibility. I haven't been mixing my exercise, and I have indeed become a very dull girl. I've also been a bit scared of overtraining; understandable after cfs, but c'mon - 25 minutes: how much damage is *that* going to do? Anyways, back to it... I have endless coffeebreaks and a lab lunch to survive.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really shouldn't have a pint before work you know. Or did you mean that you just went as far as the pub without going in?

Cognitive Overload said...

It was 6:30am; short of breaking in, there was no way I was going to get served at that time of morning. Of course it would be different in Smithfield, but that sort of thing doesn't happen in deepest darkest Sussex.

Anonymous said...

See, I did tell you there were downsides to the countryside... For the record I only ever went to Smithfield for a breakfast pint once, and that was at the behest of someone who worked for me on Christmas Eve. The Guiness was too cold anyway...